[OPEN-ILS-DEV] staff client i18n: hard-coded strings in javascript for XHTML files

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 08:06:11 EST 2008

On Jan 20, 2008 7:39 AM, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> In /xul/server/admin/non_cat_types.js, which is pulled into
> /xul/server/admin/non_cat_types.xhtml, the _splitInterval function has
> hard-coded time unit strings (minutes, hours, days weeks, etc) that
> can't (I think) be localized through the normal methods of either
> XMLENT (because this is a standalone javascript file) or
> messagecatalog (because the parent is an XHTML file, not a XUL file).

IIUC, you want to change the actual value of the interval as stored on
the non-cat object.  Even if we could normalize it, we shouldn't (must
not, actually) -- the interval data itself that the function is meant
to work with is an PG INTERVAL value.

It looks to me like the only thing that needs to be translated are the
displayed strings inside the xhtml file; Hours, Minutes, Weeks, Days
and Months (note the case) -- the text content of the <option/>
elements instead of that of the @value attribute.  Is this what you
mean and I'm just misunderstanding?

Assuming I'm not misunderstanding, we'd just need the standard XMLENT/DTD dance.