[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Installation issue

John Schmidt jas at xmission.com
Mon Jan 28 14:57:45 EST 2008

On Monday 28 January 2008, Robert Nix wrote:
> I am currently trying to install Evergreen on Debian Etch and am having
> some issues with the automated install. I've ran the evergreen_chroot.sh
> file and got everything to work correctly up to that point and most of the
> evergreen.sh to work correctly as well. Although, at the end of the
> evergreen.sh file when the apache server tries to restart it fails due to
> the mod_xmlent not loading the commands in the eg_vhost.conf file. It gets
> stuck on all of the XML commands such as XMLEntStripPI, XMLEntEscapeScript,
> XMLEntStripComments, XMLEntContentType and XMLEntStripDoctype. If I take
> the lines out of the eg_vhost.conf file starting at line 51 and going thru
> the 5 commands plus line 98 where the XMLEntContentType is defined then I
> can get the apache server to start. I checked and I do have the
> mod_xmlent.c file in my installation. Is anyone else having this issue with
> their installation or can someone point me in the right direction?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> Robert

Robert,

Are you using the fully qualified domain name that is prompted at the
beginning of the script?

Also, I have found that it is much easier to just start over from scratch,
removing all the daemons, such as apache, ejabberd, postgresql, etc, before
re-running the install scripts.

In addition, I would remove the chroot too.  Instructions for removal with the
exact commands are given in the Readme.txt file.

After removal of the evergreen install, please remove the chroot, and then
double check to see that no other daemons are running by doing a netstat -l
(that is a ell).

John Schmidt