[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Hours for Org units

Brandon W. Uhlman brandon.uhlman at bclibrary.ca
Sun Jul 27 12:40:40 EDT 2008

Or you could gather times in a special bogus format - For a library
open 8AM - 2AM, you could specify open hours as 08:00 to 26:00:00, and
make anything that checks open hours comprehend this magic incantation.

I have vague recollections that at least one Prominent (North
American?) Enterprise ILS Vendor (PNAEILSV?) handled the problem this
way, though maybe it's not what we're striving for.

Neither of these solutions handles the case that some smaller
libraries have, with multiple open intervals per day. Or -- stated
alternately -- an open interval with gaps.

Since we've ripped the gyprock (or, 'drywall' to Americans) off the
wall with the open hours plumbing, do we want to include this reno
while we have the wall open? :)

~B

Brandon W. Uhlman, Systems Consultant
Public Library Services Branch