[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Thinking about receiving

Carri L. Oviatt cloviatt at orem.org
Mon Jul 28 12:09:14 EDT 2008

>>> "David Fiander" <david at fiander.info> 7/28/2008 9:40 AM >>>
Carri,

The packing slip doesn't have an invoice # on it?

--Sometimes, but not always.   I do like the idea of tying the receipt to an invoice.  Especially since many of our invoices are  electronically downloaded.  Will there be some way of automatically verifying that all items on an invoice have been received?

If that's the case,
perhaps MIke's idea about using the PO # is better. I'm a bit concerned
about shipments containing odd mixtures of items from various POs; it seems
more likely that a shipment will match an invoice than that it will match a
PO.

--You are right about this.   How feasible is it to have a PO, Vendor (for mixed POs), or Invoice option?

As far your second paragraph about multiple copies, this is exactly why I
got fuzzy in my original thinking. Thanks for the suggestions.

-David