[OPEN-ILS-DEV] How to add a book(s) and DVDs etc?

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed Jun 11 15:51:55 EDT 2008

> Thanks Jason ! This is most helpful. I see for the Z39.50 import require a
> username and password. Is there a default username password I can enter?

You should be able to leave those blank for the Library of Congress.

> Which ISBN do I enter ISBN-13 or ISBN-10, do I enter with all the dashes
> e.g. 0-672-32947-6.

I'm not sure, but I would just try them and see.  Experiment away, and
if you break something, good!  Let us know and we can fix it.

Keep in mind that the Library of Congress may not have records for all
the titles in your collection.  At that point, you could either create
them from scratch, or delve into adding other Z39.50 resources.  If
you have data for your collection in an electronic format already, say
as a spreadsheet, you can likely get a programmer on this list to help
you automate the migration of that data.

In fact, I believe someone has already written such scripts for
pulling data based on ISBN in batch.

--
Jason Etheridge