[OPEN-ILS-DEV] How to add a book(s) and DVDs etc?

Eric Lesage lesagee at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Jun 11 18:16:14 EDT 2008

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008, Jason Etheridge wrote:

> Keep in mind that the Library of Congress may not have records for all
> the titles in your collection.  At that point, you could either create
> them from scratch, or delve into adding other Z39.50 resources.  If
> you have data for your collection in an electronic format already, say
> as a spreadsheet, you can likely get a programmer on this list to help
> you automate the migration of that data.
>
> In fact, I believe someone has already written such scripts for
> pulling data based on ISBN in batch.

Hi,

Various scripts to get (uncontrolled) MARC data from Amazon, or from LOC
(or WorldCat), using the command-line or using ISBNs from a ODF sheet:

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~lesagee/openils/marc/

Unfortunately I haven't had time to properly maintain (or even document)
them, maybe nothing works anymore.

Also this doesn't do the MARC import in Evergreen.

Good luck,

--
Eric Lesage