[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen Staff Client login network/server fa ilure

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 00:53:24 EDT 2008

Hi Charlene:

2008/6/11 Charlene Woo Ling <cwooling at ttec.co.tt>:
> Ok, I checked how to run the pl script and this is the following output: I
> remember that one of the problems I was getting before required me to change
> PG to pgsql. What should I do now?

In /openils/conf/opensrf.xml, you have to change the
<open-ils.storage> section so that the <language> element contains the
value "perl" and the <databases><driver> element contains the value
"Pg" - so it will look something like (substitute the correct username
and password of course!):

            <open-ils.storage>
                <keepalive>10</keepalive>
                <stateless>1</stateless>
                <language>perl</language>
                <implementation>OpenILS::Application::Storage</implementation>
                <unix_config>
                    <max_requests>1000</max_requests>
                    <unix_log>openils.storage_unix.log</unix_log>
                    <unix_sock>openils.storage_unix.sock</unix_sock>
                    <unix_pid>openils.storage_unix.pid</unix_pid>
                    <min_children>1</min_children>
                    <max_children>10</max_children>
                    <min_spare_children>1</min_spare_children>
                    <max_spare_children>5</max_spare_children>
                </unix_config>
                <app_settings>
                    <script_path>/openils/lib/javascript/</script_path>
                    <script_path>/openils/var/catalog/</script_path>
                    <scripts>

<biblio_fingerprint>biblio_fingerprint.js</biblio_fingerprint>
                    </scripts>
                    <databases>
                        <driver>Pg</driver>
                        <database>
                            <type>master</type>
                            <weight>2</weight>
                            <user>evergreen</user>
                            <host>pc2665ubuntu.ttec.co.tt</host>
                            <port>5432</port>
                            <pw>evergreen</pw>
                            <db>evergreen</db>
                            <client_encoding>UTF-8</client_encoding>
                        </database>
                    </databases>
                </app_settings>
            </open-ils.storage>

Similarly, the <open-ils.reporter> section needs to have
to opensrf.xml, restart the perl services (osrf_ctl.sh -c
/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a restart_perl) and things should work
:)

Dan

--
Dan Scott