[OPEN-ILS-DEV] very slow ISBN search

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 15:25:24 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 3:20 PM, Bill Ott <bott at grpl.org> wrote:

>>> I believe you noted to me previously that this requires an initdb after
>>> the
>>> recompile?
>>>

>> Indeed.  The on-disk format will be different
>>
>>  Attached is a patch for Postgres 8.2.9, but it should apply to any
>> version without any trouble.
>>

> Thanks again Mike
>
> ...but on a Friday afternoon,
>
>  delete from metabib.full_rec where length(value) > 2700;

That'll get it done! :)  Of course, if you edit and then save the same
records, they'll fail due to index constraints.

I'm now toying with the idea of hiding that table behind a view that
would allow a substring() index to be used on arbitrary queries ...
I'll let the list know how the testing of that goes.