[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Changing the Organization unit types and units

Frances Dean McNamara fdmcnama at uchicago.edu
Tue Jun 24 13:13:57 EDT 2008

In my test db, I brought in a few records from OCLC and made an item for each (half a dozen) using the default configuration.

We wanted to start changing the org units.  But I cannot Add Holding, Add volumes to JRL, Joseph Regenstein Library.  Did we do this wrong?  We ran autogen after the changes.  Here's what we did.

Frances McNamara

id     parent_ou     ou_type     ill_address     holds_address     mailing_address     billing_address     shortname     name                                  email     phone     opac_visible
 -----  ------------  ----------  --------------  ----------------  ------------------  ------------------  ------------  ------------------------------------  --------  --------  ---------------
 4      2             3           1               1                 1                   1                   BR1           Example Branch 1                      (null)    (null)    true
 5      2             3           1               1                 1                   1                   BR2           Example Branch 2                      (null)    (null)    true
 6      3             3           1               1                 1                   1                   BR3           Example Branch 3                      (null)    (null)    true
 7      3             3           1               1                 1                   1                   BR4           Example Branch 4                      (null)    (null)    true
 8      4             4           1               1                 1                   1                   SL1           Example Sub-lib 1                     (null)    (null)    true
 9      6             5           1               1                 1                   1                   BM1           Example Bookmobile 1                  (null)    (null)    true
 1      (null)        1           1               1                 1                   1                   UC            University of Chicago Library                             true
 2      1             2           1               1                 1                   1                   JRL           Joseph Regenstein Library                                 true
 3      1             2           1               1                 1                   1                   JCL           John Crerar Library                                       true
 10     1             2           (null)          (null)            (null)              (null)              DLL           D'Angelo Law Library                                      true
 11     1             2           (null)          (null)            (null)              (null)              HARP          Harper Library                                            true
 12     1             2           (null)          (null)            (null)              (null)              ECK           Eckhart Library                                           true
 13     1             2           (null)          (null)            (null)              (null)              SSAD          Social Service Adminstration Library                      true
 14     1             2           (null)          (null)            (null)              (null)              SPCL          Special Collections Research Center                       true

 14 record(s) selected [Fetch MetaData: 16/ms] [Fetch Data: 31/ms]

 [Executed: 6/24/08 12:11:13 PM CDT ] [Execution: 0/ms]

id     name                   opac_label                depth     parent     can_have_vols     can_have_users
 3      Branch                 This Branch               2         2          true              true
 4      Sub-lib                This Specialized Library  3         3          true              true
 5      Bookmobile             Your Bookmobile           3         3          true              true
 1      University of Chicago  University of Chicago     0         (null)     true              true
 2      Library                Local Library System      1         1          true              true