[OPEN-ILS-DEV] restoring evergreen to an empty state

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed Mar 12 17:59:00 EDT 2008

>  So, I think things are bit happier but the Connection to Settings
>  failed??  What does this new message mean?

For some reason, the fieldmapper.pl script called by autogen.sh was
not able to get a response from the opensrf.settings server that
should be running after you have started services.

Let's see if we can reproduce that error from a different angle.
Assuming you have configured the .srfsh.xml file, run
/openils/bin/srfsh  (you will have to do this as the user associated
with the home directory where you placed .srfsh.xml)

You should get a prompt that looks like this:  srfsh#

Enter the following command and press enter: request opensrf.settings
opensrf.settings.host_config.get "localhost"

But instead of localhost, use the fully qualified domain name for your
installation.

If srfsh can connect to the settings service with that command, it
should give a lot of indented data marked up with curly brackets,
colons, and quotation marks.  On my system, the first thing I see is
Received Data: { "z3950"

If it can't connect, it should say something simpler, like Unable to
communicate with service opensrf.settings

If you would, paste us the first ten lines or so of the output from
that (or all of it if it's small).

This will tell us where to look next for figuring out what's going on.

Another thing to do is try: ps -aef | grep opensrf.settings

You should see OpenSRF processes listed.  Go ahead and paste these as well.

Thanks!

--
Jason Etheridge