[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Proposal to add "Import holdings demo" to ILS-Contrib (was: Announcing the ILS-Contrib repository)

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 13:32:48 EDT 2008

Hello:

Prior to the code4lib 2008 preconference workshop, I put together an
"import holdings demo" (with the assistance of Mike Rylander,
naturally) that enables anyone to load 500 records into a freshly
installed Evergreen instance using the out-of-the-box configuration.

The intentions for the "import holdings demo" are:
  * to give potential Evergreen users the ability to quickly try out
search, circulation, hold, bookbag, and other functions that depend on
having bib records and holdings
  * to give Evergreen users a simple template to use for building
their own import scripts to import bib records and holdings from their
legacy system

The import holdings demo package is currently available from
http://open-ils.org/downloads.php, but as I have already updated it
once I would like it to live in a version control repository so the
changes can be tracked. I would also like to be able to take advantage
of the ILS-Contrib wiki pages to host some of the documentation
online, rather than forcing users to download the package before they
can access the README.

Do I have a seconder who supports this project being added to ILS-Contrib?

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University