[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Proposal to add "Sorting Chinese by Pinyin order" into ILS-Contrib

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 21:34:28 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 8:28 PM, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 17/03/2008, Jason Zou <qzou at lakeheadu.ca> wrote:
>  > Hello,
>  >
>  >  I would like to propose to add "Sorting Chinese by Pinyin order" into
>  >  ILS-Contrib.
>  >
>  >  I developed a couple of functions for sorting Chinese in Pinyin order (
>  >  Pinyin probably is the most popular sorting methods in mainland China).
>  >
>  >  Hopefully, this might help.
>  >
>  >  Oh, here is the URL:  http://code.google.com/p/pgpinyinsort
>
>  Hi Jason:
>
>  This sounds like a fabulous contribution! I strongly support your proposal.

I had a quick look at the code, and it looks very promising.  Thanks Jason!

>  I'll create accounts for you in the ILS-Contrib Subversion repository
>  and trac wiki, if you choose to use those instead of or in addition to
>  the Google Code repository. (At the very least, we could create a link
>  to your project on Google Code).

FWIW, if we do start creating a contrib package that gets distributed
as an open-ils tarball, I think it's a reasonable restriction that the
code live in the ILS-Contrib repository.  So, I'd urge you to keep it
in the ILS-Contrib repo, but, of course, there's no requirement for
that, and we'd be happy to link to wherever you want to keep it.

Thanks