[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Z39.50 target

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Sun May 25 01:32:25 EDT 2008

> Anyone have any ideas in setting up a gateway, or something, to act as a target Z39.50 server for Interlibrary Loan and Federated search until it's integrated into EG?

Hey Grant, do you just need to expose bib records via Z39.50?  You
could always try the time-honored workaround of exporting data and
using an external application (see Yaz and Zebra from
http://indexdata.com/).  There's even an atom feed in Evergreen where
you can pull bib data for new titles as they're added.  I imagine it
would be easy to add one for record deletions, or you could query the
db periodically.

This is just off the top of my head.  You might be able to backport
the SRU functionality from trunk and layer a Z39.50 translation
service on top of it, but we'll need Mike to chime in on that.

--
Jason Etheridge