[OPEN-ILS-DEV] User permissions error

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Wed May 28 08:59:01 EDT 2008

>   Since the permissions of the parent are directly inherited by the
> children, I can't remove it from the Local System Administrator account and
> still have it on the Staff account. I tried it and when I added it back to
> the Staff account it automatically added it back to the Local System
> Administrator account. Likewise, if I remove it from the Staff account it
> automatically removes it from the Local System Administrator account. Any
> thoughts?

Right, you can't tell the difference between the permission behind
inherited from a parent group or inherited and applied directly with
that CGI interface, unless by chance the perm depths are different.

If you run the grp_perm_map query again and the CREATE_USER_GROUP_LINK
perm is only listed once, then things are as they need to be.  If your
error registering users persist after that, we can dig deeper or you
can re-install.  I personally like finding the cause for errors (even
if the answer is mis-configuration) rather than reinstalling software,
rebooting computers, etc., but it's up to you.

--
Jason Etheridge