[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Importing marc records from Sirsi

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed May 28 16:47:40 EDT 2008

Robert:

2008/5/28 Robert <glibrarysystem at gmail.com>:
> Dan,
>
>   I did the gutenberg approach this time, sorry didn't notice it near the
> bottom last time, and I received a .sql file that actually had data in it. I
> ran the command \i <path> and I received a lot of errors. Those errors are:
>
> evergreen=# \i /root/Desktop/sirsiimport/V001.sql
> SET
> BEGIN
> psql:/root/Desktop/sirsiimport/V001.sql:5: ERROR:  duplicate key violates
> unique constraint "record_entry_pkey"

Do you already have some records in the system? If so, you'll need to
change the start ID for the import (--startid option for marc2bre.pl)
to avoid generating records that conflict with your existing records.

Note that the trunk version of marc2bre.pl automatically sets the
start ID to something sane (as long as nobody adds new records to the
system before you load your newly processed records).

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University