[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Questions about Locations

Frances Dean McNamara fdmcnama at uchicago.edu
Fri May 30 11:18:20 EDT 2008

We are indeed thinking about exactly that, along with the good folks
at Equinox and other Evergreen libraries. Mike and I (99% Mike) hashed
out an initial structure for how to best support serials that will
result in some reorganization of the relatively simple bib / volume /
copy structure. We're planning to introduce subscription objects and
issuance objects that will enable us to model MFHD, including support
for system-generated and text summary holding statements. Here's a
rough sketch of the proposed structure:
http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=acq:serials:model As
subscriptions are owned by a given org_unit, we will be able to
display different holdings for different libraries within a single
Evergreen instance.

Also, recognizing that not all members of a given consortium may have
access to every e-resource, or that members may have access to a given
e-resource via different proxied URLs, we will be enabling URLs to
have the same status as a copy so that searches can be scoped to a
part of the consortium rather than forcing them to be transcendent or
forcing multiple URLs to be pushed into a given bib record and asking
users to choose the right URL.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University

Great.  We'll take a look at that.  Thanks.
Frances