[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Two minor issues to report

Warren Layton warren.layton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 21:54:41 EST 2008

Hello all,

I have been running both Evergreen 1.4rc1 and the trunk build from the
Subversion
repository. There are two issues that I have run into on each build.
I know that I have discussed these previously on the IRC channel but I thought
I'd post them here, too.

* Under "Advanced Search", the "MARC Expert Search" doesn't return any
 results, even when I know it should. For example, I have some records that
 contain the value "B" in field 991, subfield a. However, no records are
 returned when I perform a MARC Expert Search with these terms.

* I have imported a number of MARC bib records. I never thought to look into
 the top-level SQL file (in my case, iii_full.sql, which pulls in
 iii_full.*.sql). It was brought to my attention that the final line,
 "COMMIT", is commented out and that, without removing the "-- " at the
 beginning of the line, the data should not be successfully imported because
 it would be rolled back. However, even with this line commented out, my bib
 data gets imported without any problems. Is anyone else able to do this, or do
 I just have spectacular computer karma?

Both systems are running Ubuntu 8.04 LTS. We are running 1.4rc1 on Ubuntu
Server at work and I'm running SVN trunk on Ubuntu Desktop.

Cheers,
  Warren