[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Two minor issues to report

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 06:34:47 EST 2008

Hi Warren:

2008/11/6 Warren Layton <warren.layton at gmail.com>:
> Hello all,
>
> I have been running both Evergreen 1.4rc1 and the trunk build from the
> Subversion
> repository. There are two issues that I have run into on each build.
> I know that I have discussed these previously on the IRC channel but I thought
> I'd post them here, too.
>
> * Under "Advanced Search", the "MARC Expert Search" doesn't return any
>  results, even when I know it should. For example, I have some records that
>  contain the value "B" in field 991, subfield a. However, no records are
>  returned when I perform a MARC Expert Search with these terms.

MARC Expert Search in the OPAC only returns results for records that
have copies attached - transcendant records are not retrieved. You can
see the OpenSRF method that is called in the gateway log:
open-ils.search.biblio.marc

MARC Expert Search in the staff client returns results for all
records, whether there are copies attached or not. You can see that a
different OpenSRF method is called in the gateway log:
open-ils.search.biblio.marc.staff

I suspect this explains what you're seeing. Try attaching a copy to
one of those records, and you should be able to use the MARC Expert
Search to retrieve it.

> * I have imported a number of MARC bib records. I never thought to look into
>  the top-level SQL file (in my case, iii_full.sql, which pulls in
>  iii_full.*.sql). It was brought to my attention that the final line,
>  "COMMIT", is commented out and that, without removing the "-- " at the
>  beginning of the line, the data should not be successfully imported because
>  it would be rolled back. However, even with this line commented out, my bib
>  data gets imported without any problems. Is anyone else able to do this, or do
>  I just have spectacular computer karma?

I haven't done an import for a while now; are there any other COMMIT
statements that have been introduced into the set of SQL statements
generated by parallel_pg_loader.pl?

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University