[OPEN-ILS-DEV] VMWare Image passwords

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 09:06:44 EST 2008

2008/11/10 Greg Pendlebury <pendlebu at usq.edu.au>:

> Hi All,
>
> I've downloaded and installed the image supplied on the wiki, and it's all working fine except for the fact that I can't find the passwords for the root and postgres users.
>
> I could be blind, but I can't seem to see those details on the wiki.

Hi Greg:

The wiki page for the Debian image
(http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=vmware:debian) says:

userid: root
password: openils

The wiki page for the Ubuntu image
(http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server:1.2:ubuntu804:readme)
says:

user ID: evergreen
password: evergreen

So on Debian, when you log in you're already root. On Ubuntu, you can
become root by issuing the command "sudo su -" and supplying the
"evergreen" user's password (which is evergreen).

Once you're root, you can become the postgres user by issuing the
command "su - postgres".

If you're looking for the username and password to connect to the
database, take a look at the credentials in /openils/conf/opensrf.xml

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University