[OPEN-ILS-DEV] VMWare Image passwords

Greg Pendlebury pendlebu at usq.edu.au
Mon Nov 10 17:37:34 EST 2008

Thanks Dan,

I know root/openils doesn't work because I've tried that, but sudo'ing
up, then down to postgres is something I didn't think of, and it did
solve my problem.

And the need was slightly more detailed then just the db
username/password. I actually wanted to bind postgres to listen
externally for an IDE connection instead of just localhost for a server
connection. But the conf file is read only to all but postgres and root.

Thanks,

Greg Pendlebury
Electronic Services Officer (Systems Team)
Division of Academic Information Services
University of Southern Queensland
Phone: +61 7 4631 1501
Fax: +61 7 4631 1841