[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Failing to start Evergreen

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 15:53:03 EST 2008

2008/11/13 Ephraim Makeke <makekee at gmail.com>:
> 1. I am using Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Desktop and i am using Evergreen-ILS-1.2.3.1.

Okay, thanks - good to know. I should point out that Evergreen 1.2.4.0
was released a few weeks ago.

> 2. If i list the contents of / openils/bin i get :
>
> user at eg-server1:/openils$ ls /openils/bin
> autogen.sh      offline-blocked-list.pl  opensrf-c
> org_tree_js.pl         osrf_ctl.sh
> fieldmapper.pl  oils_ctl.sh              org_tree_html_options.pl
> org_tree_proximity.pl  osrf_ctl.sh~
> user at eg-server1:/openils$

This is quite strange, you should have many more files in this
directory. I suspect something went wrong while you were building and
installing OpenSRF and Evergreen. It looks like most of the OpenSRF
files are missing.

> 3. If i "ls /openils/lib/perl5" i get:
>
> user at eg-server1:/openils$ ls
> bin  conf  include  lib  var

Ooops - you ran "ls", not "ls /openils/lib/perl5".

> I am using a dedicated pc for this project and i formatted the machine
> and did a clean install of the latest Ubuntu 8.04 edition.

I think it would make sense to go back and reinstall OpenSRF and
Evergreen; you won't be able to get any further until /openils/bin
contains files like "opensrf_router" and "srfsh". You might as well
upgrade to 1.2.4.0 while you're at it.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University