[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Time for 1.4, release candidate 2?

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 18:29:18 EST 2008

Hello:

Looking at http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&group=status&milestone=1.4,
there are five open tickets:

  * Vandelay user interface
(http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/ticket/12) - the status of this
could probably use an update, as I know Bill has been plugging away on
it

  * Credit card payment support
(http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/ticket/14) - not too sure where
things are with this, although I know the user interface has moved
into 1.4.1.x with http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/ticket/13

  * Convert all date, time, number, and currency displays to Dojo i18n
widgets (http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/ticket/17) - there's a lot
of work left on this one, but I don't think it should hold up rc2 -
and could slip out to 1.4.0.1

  * Add a staff client locale switcher -
(http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/ticket/18) - Jason added a basic one
to trunk, which I backported as part of
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/changeset/11203 - I think that should
be enough for rc2, so that translators can test out their changes

  * Change concatenated strings with entities to Dojo string
substitution (http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/ticket/32) - there are
a handful of these to fix up, which would mean some minor changes to
translatable text post-rc2

I think we should consider rolling 1.4 rc2 as there is a ton of
functionality and a number of fixes since rc1 for people to try out.
And I also think we should roll OpenSRF 1.0.1 rc2 (pulling in some of
the recent fixes contributed by Scott McKellar).

Thoughts?

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University