[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Cleaning up OpenSRF Makefile.install

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Sun Nov 23 23:40:59 EST 2008

I've been working, on and off, on trying to ensure that the prereqs
for OpenSRF are as minimal as possible in the Makefile.install. One of
the goals is to make OpenSRF as viable a project on its own as it can
be, meaning that it should not drag along unnecessary prereqs.

So with that in mind, do the following enabled Apache mods properly
belong to OpenSRF? We have the osrf_http_translator and
osrf_json_gateway modules, but if pressed I would think that these
more properly belong in the Evergreen Makefile.install. Confirmation
would be appreciated, however.

DEB_APACHE_MODS = \
	expires\
	include\
	proxy\
	proxy_http\
	rewrite\
	ssl

And then we have the CPAN modules that may no longer be necessary in
recent distributions. We probably don't want to build modules from
source if we can rely on the distribution's packages. The only one
below that we might not want to use packages for in modern distros is
Net::Server, as 0.94 was available in Debian Etch and there seemed to
be a deliberate choice to build the older version - again, insight
would be appreciated:

# generic CPAN modules:
#   * DateTime::Format::ISO8601 is packaged by both Debian Lenny and
Ubuntu Intrepid
#   * JSON::XS is packaged by both Debian Lenny and Ubuntu Intrepid
#   * XML::LibXML::XPathContext is part of libxml-libxml-perl on
Debian Lenny and Ubuntu Intrepid
#   * libnet-server-perl 0.97 is packaged on Debian Lenny and Ubuntu Intrepid
#     - is there a specific need for 0.90?
CPAN_MODULES = \
	DateTime::Format::ISO8601 \
	RHANDOM/Net-Server-0.90.tar.gz \
	JSON::XS \