[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Z39.50 display issues in 1.4 rc1

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Thu Oct 30 23:02:41 EDT 2008

> The service list occupies the entire screen and thus I can't see the search results. (maximized at 1280x800)

Hey James, thanks!  I have a fix committed here:
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/changeset/11006

> In the longer term, it would be nice if it was possible to have
> multiple databases per source selectable by a combo box type thing --
> many of our sources are from a single target, ITSMARC (12 databases);
> Amicus also has multiple databases (although one doesn't require
> auth).

Ah, interesting.  Speaking of grouping services, just looking at your
list of services I was thinking it'd also be neat if you were able to
save different combinations of selected services for different
contexts.  For example, maybe a few of the sources are good for
finding foreign language bibs, so you could select them and save that
selection under a label called Foreign.  Maybe another set would be
good for Music.  It'd be like the template system in the item
attribute editor, with a drop down for these created labels.  What do
folks think?

But back to your combo boxes, what do you think about
collapsible/expandable interfaces like this?

+ Service 1 : Default Database 1

when expanded becomes

- Service 1
   \- Default Database 1