[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Evergreen Releases

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 14:45:23 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 11:40 AM, John Schmidt <jas at xmission.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Would it be possible to have symlinks for the latest release on the download
> site to be labeled something like:
>
>        Evergreen-ILS-current.tar.gz
>        OpenSRF-current.tar.gz
>
> with those linked to a particular version number?  The name doesn't really
> matter, could be also something like Evergreen-ILS-stable, or anything else
> for that matter.
>
> The reason why I ask is that in my Debian Installer script for Evergreen, I
> specify version numbers for both Evergreen source and OpenSRF and it would be
> more convenient to just use something that points to the most current
> release.

That's do-able, but we'll be maintaining, for at least a while, active
1.2 and 1.4 release streams.  I hope 1.2 is coming to an end soon, but
can't be certain.  We could do something like:

Evergreen-ILS-1.2-LATEST.tar.gz -> Evergreen-ILS-1.2.3.1.tar.gz
Evergreen-ILS-1.4-LATEST.tar.gz -> Evergreen-ILS-1.4.0.0.tar.gz
Evergreen-ILS-LATEST.tar.gz -> Evergreen-ILS-1.4-LATEST.tar.gz

Eh?  Anyone?

> If there is interest, I can see what modifications are needed to get my script
> working for Ubuntu.

That would be great!