[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Acquisitions issues

Frances Dean McNamara fdmcnama at uchicago.edu
Mon Oct 27 11:38:33 EDT 2008

One other top level issue has been brought to my attention.  In the Evergreen Acq demo system you always start with a picklist.  While starting with a picklist or selection list may be the workflow in many libraries, we do not use it at all.  We start, as someone in the webinar mentions, by finding a bib in OCLC, downloading it and using it to create a PO, or we start with orders from a vendor where our selectors have gotten on the vendor site and chosen books and the file gets loaded and produces POs, as well as bibs and items.

That is a significant difference that we would need to accommodate to use the acquisitions features.

Frances McNamara
University of Chicago