[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Does Evergreen support external authentication/identification modules?

David Fiander david at fiander.info
Wed Sep 10 10:11:53 EDT 2008

I know that in the original PINES environment, users have the option
of creating their own user names and passwords and that they can use
that to authenticate when doing things, once they've entered their
library barcode and everything matches up.

My library uses the centrally managed LDAP server to authenticate
users, and I suspect that there are academic libraries out there that
might like to hook the ILS up to the local Shibboleth single sign-on
service. How hard would it be to disable the "create your own ID" part
of Evergreen and hook it into an existing institutional authentication
system like that?

- David