[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Installation issues/problems "Thanks but ...one more problem" <>;

Thomas Edward thomaedward at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 17 22:23:29 EDT 2008

Hi Dan,

I hate to be a bother but I still have the same problem;  I have reviewed all files mentioned in the installation document.

1.  Apache

*********************
root at thomas-desktop:/etc/apache2/ssl# /etc/init.d/apache2 start
 * Starting web server apache2 apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName
httpd (pid 14277) already running
*********************

The contents of the /etc/hosts flie is as follows:

*****************************
127.0.0.1       localhost
127.0.1.1       thomas-desktop

::1     ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
~
*************************

2.  Staff client:
 When I  insert the server name (thomas-desktop.uwichill.edu.bb) re-Test Server, I get the following error message:

This server does not support your version of staff client.
Please check with the system administrator.

I have tried both versions for Windows: versions 1.2.3.0 and 1.2.2.2
Ping work fine and I can reach thomas-desktop.uwichill.edu.bb

Looking forward to your assistance.

Thomas

Thomas

"Rebirth, renew, Starting a new Life."