[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Installation issues/problems "Thanks but ...one more problem" <>;

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 22:31:16 EDT 2008

Hi Thomas:

2008/9/17 Thomas Edward <thomaedward at hotmail.com>:

> Hi Dan,
>
> I hate to be a bother but I still have the same problem;  I have reviewed all files mentioned in the installation document.
>
> 1.  Apache
>
> *********************
> root at thomas-desktop:/etc/apache2/ssl# /etc/init.d/apache2 start
>  * Starting web server apache2 apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName
> httpd (pid 14277) already running
> *********************

You can ignore the "Could not reliably determine... " message, that's
just noise.

As for the "httpd (pid 14277) already running), did you stop apache2
before trying to start it again?

> 2.  Staff client:
>  When I  insert the server name (thomas-desktop.uwichill.edu.bb) re-Test Server, I get the following error message:
>
> ********************
> This server does not support your version of staff client.
> Please check with the system administrator.
> *********************
>
> I have tried both versions for Windows: versions 1.2.3.0 and 1.2.2.2
> Ping work fine and I can reach thomas-desktop.uwichill.edu.bb

When you install Evergreen, if you issue "sudo make
STAFF_CLIENT_BUILD_ID=rel_1_2_3_0 install" then it will install the
server part of the staff client in a directory that the packaged
Windows staff client can find.

Otherwise, you'll need to issue the following commands (where
"200809dd.hhmmss" is replaced by whatever the newest directory in
/openils/var/web/xul is):

cd /openils/var/web/xul
sudo ln -sf 200809dd.hhmmss rel_1_2_3_0

--