[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Help regarding srfsh

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 09:55:20 EDT 2008

2008/9/25 Warren Layton <warren.layton at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:57 PM, Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well, actually, we've determined that the warning about libdbdpgsql
>> not linking against libdbi no longer is valid, and pulled that
>> particular test from settings-tester.pl in changeset 10627 about a
>> week ago.
>
> That's odd. I seem to recall having problems doing a "login admin
> open-ils" from srfsh until I removed --enable-libdbi from the
> Makefile.install (I would just get a "???"). I was sure it was this
> that was causing the problem but perhaps I had fixed something else.
> I'll try to reproduce it tonight.

Yes, I'm quite sure. I just finished building a 1.2.3.1 version on a
completely fresh Ubuntu 8.04 install using only the Makefile.install
and the Ubuntu 7.10 instructions (now featuring slight tweaks to
support building on Ubuntu 8.04 as well).

When I run the packaged version of settings-tester.pl, it complains
about the lack of linking to libdbi, but "login admin open-ils" works
perfectly.

But feel free to try reproducing the problem.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University