[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Searching the catalog

Garry Dunn garry at trellisconsulting.ca
Tue Apr 14 22:08:45 EDT 2009

Jason & Dan,

Thanks for the replies.  We haven't solved this one yet, but you
certainly gave me a few more ideas to look into.

Setting 'staged searching' to false didn't change anything and I
remember checking out the org units (based on the query given in the
wiki), so I think we're OK there.

I went back to a blank database and imported the Gutenberg records and
I'm still getting zero search results (in the staff client and the
catalog (with 'source=3')).

With the Gutenberg records, looking at the metabib schema, I have
records in:

author_field_entry
full_rec
rec_descriptor
series_field_entry
subject_field_entry
title_field_entry

but none in:

keyword_field_entry
metarecord
metarecord_source_map

I'm not sure what that means!

I'll have to load our records in again to see what happens with those
tables.

I'm hoping to be trying this on another test system (loaded by another
team member).  I'll let you know how that goes.

Is there anything else I should be checking?

Thanks again.

--

Garry Dunn, P.Eng
Trellis Consulting