[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Searching the catalog

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 23:02:57 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:08 PM, Garry Dunn <garry at trellisconsulting.ca> wrote:
> Jason & Dan,
>
> Thanks for the replies.  We haven't solved this one yet, but you certainly
> gave me a few more ideas to look into.
>
> Setting 'staged searching' to false didn't change anything and I remember
> checking out the org units (based on the query given in the wiki), so I
> think we're OK there.
>
> I went back to a blank database and imported the Gutenberg records and
> I'm still getting zero search results (in the staff client and the
> catalog (with 'source=3')).
>
> With the Gutenberg records, looking at the metabib schema, I have records
> in:
>
> author_field_entry
> full_rec
> rec_descriptor
> series_field_entry
> subject_field_entry
> title_field_entry
>
> but none in:
>
> keyword_field_entry

This is concerning, though this can easily happen if
[parallel_]pg_loader.pl didn't get one or both of '-or mkfe' or '-a
mkfe' in the big, ugly command line argument list.

> metarecord
> metarecord_source_map

These (or, rather, the lack thereof) are surely due to not running
quick_metarecord_map.sql or the similar incantation described at:

http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=scratchpad:random_magic_spells#how_to_generate_metarecords_for_a_newly_loaded_bib_batch

Otherwise ... something bigger is amiss.

--miker