[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Searching the catalog

Garry Dunn garry at trellisconsulting.ca
Wed Apr 15 07:17:01 EDT 2009

Mike Rylander wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:08 PM, Garry Dunn <garry at trellisconsulting.ca> wrote:
>> Jason & Dan,
>>
>> Thanks for the replies.  We haven't solved this one yet, but you certainly
>> gave me a few more ideas to look into.
>>
>> Setting 'staged searching' to false didn't change anything and I remember
>> checking out the org units (based on the query given in the wiki), so I
>> think we're OK there.
>>
>> I went back to a blank database and imported the Gutenberg records and
>> I'm still getting zero search results (in the staff client and the
>> catalog (with 'source=3')).
>>
>> With the Gutenberg records, looking at the metabib schema, I have records
>> in:
>>
>> author_field_entry
>> full_rec
>> rec_descriptor
>> series_field_entry
>> subject_field_entry
>> title_field_entry
>>
>> but none in:
>>
>> keyword_field_entry
>
> This is concerning, though this can easily happen if
> [parallel_]pg_loader.pl didn't get one or both of '-or mkfe' or '-a
> mkfe' in the big, ugly command line argument list.

Mike nailed this one--I was missing the '-or mkfe' on the ugly command
line.  Great catch.  Gutenberg is now searching.

And now that I understand a bit more about how the searching works, I
see we're missing information in our metabib tables.  I'll get that and
see how we fair.  I think we'll be good to go!

Thanks for all the help.