[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Sorting by distance in the OPAC - Patch

Galen Charlton gmcharlt at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 10:57:26 EDT 2009

Hi Paul,

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 2:06 AM, Paul Waak<ptwaak at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello EG Gurus,

I'm not one yet, but I'm diving in anyway:

> Here is my first foray into open-ils patching.

FIrst, thanks!  This looks like an interesting feature.  I'll leave it
to others to comment about the specifics of it, but one thing about
the organization of your patch did jump out at me:

> patching file Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg/950.data.seed-values.sql

Your patch currently seems to be replacing the sample OUs with a
version of the whole North Texas OU hierarchy - I think it would be
better to just update two or more of the existing sample OUs with
latitudes and longitudes.

> patching file Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg/orig.950.data.seed-values.sql

It's not necessary to add a duplicate copy of the 950 seed script via
your patch.

Regards,

Galen
--