[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Sorting by distance in the OPAC - Patch

Paul Waak ptwaak at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 11:42:33 EDT 2009

Oh yea! Shoot!  Thank you for commenting on that.

I was using the North Texas information for testing the lat-long
values.  I meant to swap those two seed files before making the final
patch.  The lesson here is don't submit a patch at 2AM.  Now that I am
more alert, I realize it would be better to submit the test data
separately.

Here is the intended patch.  The file 950.data.seed-values-latlong.sql
is for those who want to look at the distance sorting without spending
time looking up the lat-long values for their own libraries.

Incidentally, I deliberately chose not to just assign fictitious lat-
long values to the existing sample OUs.  I went down that path when I
first started testing, and it was very hard to visualize whether the
system was behaving properly.  I suspect other testers will have
similar problems.  Real places just make it easier.  This way, the
places can be entered into google maps/earth and compared to the OPAC
display.