[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Need Basic Information

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Thu Dec 10 20:37:59 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 12:59 PM, Bill Coffey <bill.coffey at waynegov.com> wrote:
> I was trying to install the openSRF and it was asking for the Distribution, but the 9.04 isn’t there.

Hi Bill, I believe you're referring to the Makefile.install process
for fetching prerequisites.  Ubuntu 9.04 is also known as Ubuntu
Jaunty, and that indeed is not represented in the Makefile.  Jaunty
comes between Intrepid and Karmic, and Karmic is represented in the
main development version of Evergreen.

Comparing the two, I don't see any substantial differences, so I
suspect you can get away with using either (or in the case of
Evergreen 1.6, ubuntu-intrepid).

So try ubuntu-intrepid as the distro for that step and tell us how that goes!

--
Jason Etheridge
| VP, Tactical Development
| phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
| email:  jason at esilibrary.com
| web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Please come by and visit the Equinox team
and learn more about Evergreen
ALA MidWinter
January 15-18, 2010
booth # 2064