[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Need Basic Information

Daniël Kollmer dko at iisg.nl
Mon Dec 14 04:00:05 EST 2009

Hello Bill

I had a quick look at the makefile.install, and my conclusion is, that you should be fine if you enter ubuntu-intrepid as distribution during the installation step. AFAIK the package names have not really changed. Be sure to observe the installation process closely though, if you see any dpkg or aptitude errors, make sure you solve them after the installation.

Basically at the step where you need to submit information about the distribution, all dependencies for OpenSRF are pulled in and installed

Those remain the same for all versions and OSes but the names of the respective packages may change. If you get indication during the install that some packages can't be found, then you'd have to do a few things by hand.
In case this is true, I am sure everyone on here will be grateful if you submit the respective package names/problems

Greetings

Daniel

System Administration

International Institute for Social History

Amsterdam, Netherlands