[OPEN-ILS-DEV] ***SPAM*** Re: 1.6 Billing Problem

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Sat Dec 12 12:28:31 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 8:10 AM, Ryan <ryan484lav at gmail.com> wrote:
> No I just figured out what happened I was logging to the wrong server and I
> had a copy of my Evergreen database there and so things weren't right. I
> switched to our production Evergreen server and executed that command and
> now the only type of billing I can perform is misc I can't do any
> circulation charges why? Note that I couldn't do them before either!

The default billing types (other than the Misc in recent pristine EG
builds) are reserved for system use.  So, for example, you can't
manually charge an Overdue Fine the same way the fine generator does.
You could, however, define additional billing types for manual use
with similar names, and these billings types may also be scoped to
specific libraries/org units.  These billing types may also have a
default value that populates the Bill Patron dialog.

Does this help?

--
Jason Etheridge
 | VP, Tactical Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  jason at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Please come by and visit the Equinox team
and learn more about Evergreen
ALA MidWinter
January 15-18, 2010
booth # 2064