[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Accessible: Evergreen 1.6 with Endeca, content from Horizon

Wiktor Rzeczkowski rzeczkow at mcmaster.ca
Fri Dec 18 16:33:57 EST 2009

Access has now been set up for the general public to one of my Evergreen
development installations featuring Evergreen v. 1.6 with an additional
Evergreen Endeca based OPAC and with content (including 1.75 million
bibliographic records) migrated to Evergreen from the McMaster Horizon
ILS, for any kind of testing, comparing, or just playing with it.

For the Evergreen staff client 1.6 the address is:
   egils.mcmaster.ca
and an administrator's login user name / password is:
   egils / open-ils
(unrestricted functionality; the system can be restored if needed).

For the Evergreen OPAc the address is:
   http://egils.mcmaster.ca/

For the EVergreen Endeca OPAC the address is:
   http://egils.mcmaster.ca:8080/

The egils.mcmaster.ca server hosts all the OpenSRF/Evergreen services, the
XMPP jabber, the Postgresql database and the web server, plus a Tomcat
application server for Endeca. The server is an older, 32 bit, two Xeon
2.2 GHz processor server with 5 GB of memory and the performance of
Evergreen may sometimes be affected.

Bibliographic records and holdings displays in the Evergreen OPAC are
based on the actual content of the Evergreen system.

Bibliographic record displays in the Evergreen Endeca OPAC are based on a
one-time complete extract from Evergreen (4 minutes). At this time the
Evergreen extracts for the Evergreen Endeca OPAC are not being taken
regularly and the bibliographic displays in the OPAC do not change. At
this time holdings displays in the Evergreen Endeca OPAC are live from our
production Horizon database and not from Evergreen. The displays
instantaneously reflect changes to holdings in the production Horizon
database (as do holdings displays in our production Horizon Endeca OPAC).

Wiktor Rzeczkowski
McMaster University