[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Best way to implement Evergreen and Open ILS

Bill Coffey bill.coffey at waynegov.com
Mon Dec 28 10:09:28 EST 2009

I am trying to find the best way to implement the evergreen system.

I currently am working in a Windows Domain environment.

I have two servers which are currently virtualized on a Citrix ZenServer
and running very well.

I also have a Cassie computer ( our timer system) which I would like to
add to the server. The Cassie server actually runs on two different
networks (using two network cards) one for the public and one for the
Staff computers.

I also have Polaris server for our ILS system.

I see on the new Ubuntu 9.10 they have the Cloud environment which I
take as being a Virtualization environment also.

I have not been able to install the Evergreen completely on the Ubuntu
server as of yet because of my limited knowledge.

1. Which would be best way to implement this (any opinions are welcome)?

2. Has anyone tried the Citrix system and gotten the Citrix tools to
install on the Ubuntu 9.10 server version (AMD 64)

3. Concerning the opensrf 1.2 install on the server.  I am working on
item 12 and trying to copy the openils/conf/srfsh.xml to the home
directory of each user (only the default user I made when I installed
the server) and I get an error writing .srfsh.xml permission denied.

Thanks for you help in advance.

 Bill Coffey

System Administrator

Wayne County Public Library