[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Best way to implement Evergreen and Open ILS

Joe Atzberger jatzberger at esilibrary.com
Mon Dec 28 11:11:58 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Bill Coffey <bill.coffey at waynegov.com>wrote:

>  I am trying to find the best way to implement the evergreen system.
>
> I currently am working in a Windows Domain environment.
>
> I have two servers which are currently virtualized on a Citrix ZenServer
> and running very well.
>
> I also have a Cassie computer ( our timer system) which I would like to add
> to the server. The Cassie server actually runs on two different networks
> (using two network cards) one for the public and one for the Staff
> computers.
>
> I also have Polaris server for our ILS system.
>
> I see on the new Ubuntu 9.10 they have the Cloud environment which I take
> as being a Virtualization environment also.
>
> I have not been able to install the Evergreen completely on the Ubuntu
> server as of yet because of my limited knowledge.
>
> 1. Which would be best way to implement this (any opinions are welcome)?

I'm not sure what you are asking: you mean implement EG on ubuntu?  The
install documents are
here<http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=server_installation&s[]=ubuntu>.
 You could also download a VM image and run it in virtualbox or vmware (or
maybe even w/ citrix, I don't know).

> 2. Has anyone tried the Citrix system and gotten the Citrix tools to
> install on the Ubuntu 9.10 server version (AMD 64)

Since this question doesn't concern Evergreen, it is probably more suitable
for a Citrix user group.

3. Concerning the opensrf 1.2 install on the server.  I am working on item
> 12 and trying to copy the openils/conf/srfsh.xml to the home directory of
> each user (only the default user I made when I installed the server) and I
> get an error writing .srfsh.xml permission denied.

 Item 12 from what document?  You probably want to attempt the copy as root
or using sudo.  If sudo is installed, see "man sudo" for more info.

--joe