[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Best way to implement Evergreen and Open ILS

Daniël Kollmer dko at iisg.nl
Tue Dec 29 04:46:45 EST 2009

Hello Bill

You wrote

> I have not been able to install the Evergreen completely on the Ubuntu server as of yet because of my limited knowledge.

I can only recommend following the installation manual very very closely on your first installation.

Personally I thought I could just breeze through this one but I had to re-iterate after I missed a detail or two.

It is a pretty complex setup procedure, and nothing can be skipped or missed.

Indeed installing on Ubuntu is the best to get started, since that's the best documented case. Once you understand it you can try on other Linux systems if you want.

Unfortunately I am unfamiliar with your Citrix environment.

> 3. Concerning the opensrf 1.2 install on the server.  I am working on item 12 and trying to copy the openils/conf/srfsh.xml

> to the home directory of each user (only the default user I made when I installed the server) and I get an error writing .srfsh.xml

> permission denied.

It should be possible to do this as root or with sudo. Make sure - however - that _after_ you copy that file to the user's home, you make it readable by the respective user. Also, if you want to test with this srfsh.xml you should change to that user ID.

Greetings

Daniel