[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Hold possibilities

Bill Ott bott at grpl.org
Thu Feb 12 19:30:35 EST 2009

While looking into the possibility of allowing staff to place holds on
particular items that patrons could not, I came across the following:

OpenILS::Utils::PermitHold.pm, lines 75-83 does some basic checks of the
copy holdable flag, location holdable , and status holdable, setting
ITEM_NOT_HOLDABLE if any are false.

It then moves on to the script runner to evaluate the hold copy permit
script.

It seems as though, if the 3 checks in PermitHold.pm were not run, then
it would provide full control to the circ script, where the same checks
could be applied or ignored based on particular situations.

Am I missing some reason why this would be bad?