[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Progress on Evergreen install and a problem

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Sat Feb 14 19:23:32 EST 2009

Dale Arntson wrote:
> I have been making progress on my install of Evergreen 1402 on Redhat 5.
> The problem I was having earlier with getting opensrf to load turned out
> to be the result of a version mismatch with one of the perl modules. At
> present, Opensrf 1.0.4 and Evergreen 1.4.0.2 are installed and running.

Hi Dale,

I see that you are farther along than I am.  At first my
goal was to turn all of the requirements into rpm files,
then do an installation.  I ran into a few problems and
have decided to take a different approach.  Now I'm trying
to use rpm files whenever possible, but not for any of the
perl modules.

I'm not able to install Fcntl, Time::HiRes or LWP::UserAgent.
Were you able to install them, or are they not really needed?

I'm also wondering about the perl module mismatch you
mention.  Which module and which version is needed?

If you have any notes or advice, I'd be glad to see them.

Thanks!