[OPEN-ILS-DEV] yum repository?

Carl T. Miller carl at carltm.com
Tue Feb 17 17:45:14 EST 2009

Mike Rylander wrote:
> We haven't considered a yum repository in particular.  Can you create
> a list of the RPMs that need to be installed and the source for each?
> I imagine that the Perl modules are the biggest culprit, no?

I started looking at Perl modules and decided to work on them
last, since there are so many (including the requirements)
and some of them don't package easily.  I made an exception
for perl-libxslt because the current version built by CPAN
doesn't match the source files from the distro.  Currently
I am able to successfully build all perl modules after
installing the right packages from the distro and compiling
erlang, ejabberd, spidermonkey and libmemcache.

I would be glad to continue the process of finding or
creating rpm files until the entire process of installing
Evergreen consisted of choosing the Evergreen package from
a list or typing "yum install evergreen".

Here is the list of rpm files that I have downloaded from
standard third party repositories for Red Hat/CentOS.

download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/i386/yaz-2.1.54-1.el5.1.i386.rpm

download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/i386/libyaz-2.1.54-1.el5.1.i386.rpm

download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/epel/5/i386/libyaz-devel-2.1.54-1.el5.1.i386.rpm

dag.wieers.com/rpm/packages/perl-XML-LibXSLT/perl-XML-LibXSLT-1.59-1.el5.rf.i386.rpm