[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Fwd: Local System Admin. - Library Settings

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Mon Feb 23 08:59:53 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 2:01 PM, Paul Waak <ptwaak at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 22, 2009, at 11:00 AM, Bill Erickson <erickson at esilibrary.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 1:38 PM, John Fink <john.fink at gmail.com> wrote:

Each setting is applied at a different level of the hierarchy (depending on
permissions).  When the interface loads, there is a context org unit (the
current workstation), but each individual setting can be applied at any
level.  There's no way to predict what level(s) of the hierarchy will be
edited.

I've added the org setting permissions to the install process:
http://svn.open-ils.org/trac/ILS/changeset/12264.  I've also added the
UPDATE_ORG_UNIT_SETTING_ALL permission, which allows updating of all org
unit settings, regardless of type, but this functionality will not be in
place until the next 1.4.x release.

-b

--
Bill Erickson