[OPEN-ILS-DEV] nevermind: re import_demo

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 22:25:12 EST 2009

2009/1/14 John Fink <john.fink at gmail.com>:
> Hey folks,
>
> Judicious removal of the deprecated db_port flag resulted in everything
> going ahead nicely, after Dan knocked some sense into me by letting me know
> that the import demo should be run on the database server directly.  As
> always, Dan saves the day.
>
> Recommended changes to import_demo trunk -- remove db_port references, make
> explicit the need to run on the db server if db and frontend are on
> different boxes.  I'll submit a new version if it'll help. :)

Heh, right beside you - I added the db_port option to marc2bre.pl
instead, and did update the import demo README with some words about
I've also updated the tarball for the import demo with the new
versions of all the files.

Thanks a ton for running through this and for helping improve Evergreen!

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University