[OPEN-ILS-DEV] permissions question

Karen Collier kcollier at kent.lib.md.us
Wed Jun 10 11:33:39 EDT 2009

I could be wrong about this, and please somebody correct me if I am, but I think permissions are inherited from the group's parents. So you can give certain types of patrons additional permissions, but you can't take away permissions they've inherited from a higher level group. Sounds to me like you need to give all PATRONs system level permission and then grant the additional consortial level permissions to the subgroups that should have them. Can someone else more knowledgeable confirm or deny this?

Karen Collier

----- "Catherine Buck Morgan" <Cmorgan at statelibrary.sc.gov> wrote:
> permissions question

I have a core group of permissions set for the PATRON at the consortium level . Under PATRON are several patron types. However , we have one group of patrons that can only pla ce holds on items owned by one particular system. I changed their permissions at the group level, adding MR_HOLDS and TITLE_HOLDS at the system level. However, when I look at one of these patrons in Edit User Permissions, I see those two permissions are still set for the consortium level instead of system level.

Any clues?

Thanks,

Catherine.

--

Catherine Buck Morgan

Director, Division of Innovat ion, Technology & Library Services

South Carolina State Library

POB 11469, 1500 Senate Street, Columbia, SC 29211

Phone: 803-734-8651 | Fax: 803-734-4757

cmorgan at statelibrary.sc.gov

www.statelibrary.sc.gov

The South Carolina State Library is a national model for innovation, collaboration, leadership and effectiveness. It is the keystone in South Carolina ’ s intellectual landscape.

--
Karen Collier
Public Services Librarian