[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Circulation Menu in the Staff Client

Laura M. codegrl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 23:39:12 EDT 2009

Catherine Buck Morgan wrote:
> Circ people are going to continue to look under the Circ menu to find patrons... that's the menu they do all their work from. It's a workflow thing.
>
> It seems to me the Search menu is for the rest of us... :)
>
> I guess I don't see the problem with more than one access point.

This was actually what I was curious about, and was hoping someone would
mention.  :)

What exactly is the workflow of a circ person? Why would they be
searching for a patron only by barcode? I would imagine they'd want to
do that for check outs, but that's already how you check out (scanning
the barcode), as Jason E. pointed out, those are basically the same
interfaces.  So I'm trying to figure out what would be best for the
workflow and easier all around, while maintaining a clean interface.