[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Export to RefWorks in Evergreen

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Fri Jun 19 17:11:13 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 7:39 AM, Warren Layton <warren.layton at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 11:50 PM, Mike Rylander <mrylander at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> Hrm ... is the purpose of <VENDOR> to tell RefWorks what sort of
>> system the data is coming from, or to tell them which of their clients
>> is using the service?
>>

> I believe it's the latter (for instance, see the link to RefWorks at
> http://mirlyn2-beta.lib.umich.edu/Record/001376273 ).
>
> I've attached a slightly modified patch that doesn't append "+Evergreen" to
> <VENDOR> and just uses the org's fullname (with spaces replaced with '+'
> chars). That is likely more appropriate, at least from RefWorks' point of
> view.

Couple comments... We need to turn "Export to RefWorks" into a DTD entity
for i18n purposes (says the lazy i18n-er).  We also need to consider
displaying (or suppressing display) of the link by org unit setting or some
other easily toggled switch in the javascript.

Other than that, the patch looks great to me.

wlayton++

-b

--
Bill Erickson